For agents, moderators, and community managers
- Consider additional training for working with emotionally stressed customers
- Reminders that working from home still requires agents to be cognizant of customer privacy.
- Helpful articles to read: 9 of the most challenging things about working remotely and Working from home tips
For supervisors and managers
- Consider having all or a subset of your team or Contact Center agents -- especially those agents servicing digital channels -- to work from home during the crisis. Consider a staged approach: start with a specific team or shift, or even begin with 2-3 days to get agents used to working remotely.
- Coordinate with your IT team to ensure your team has what they need to access systems from an offsite location: SSO and VPN may be examples of things to set up. If you don’t have IP Whitelisting set up, you can require remote users to access Khoros Care via your VPN. Remember that Khoros is cloud-based SaaS, so you are not dependent on any on-premise systems.
- Consider upgrading your internet service. As more people work from home and attend video conferences, bandwidth could be a problem. Ask whether your company can reimburse that expense temporarily.
- If you have easily accessible development resources, remember that Khoros Care allows you to i-frame specific resources, like brand voice guidelines, in the Care UI. This can help with agent efficiency.
- Coordinate with your Legal/Compliance team to ensure you’re meeting regulatory guidelines for agents and teams working remotely and handling personal data.
- If you haven’t already done so, take advantage of Response Templates for common responses, including links to FAQs on your Community.
- Keep regular 1:1s and team meetings as scheduled. Holding consistent space for your team to ask questions and voice concerns is always important.
- Understand that metrics will likely be affected by your team working remotely. Adjusting performance conversations or bonuses to accommodate this time can alleviate added stress on your team.
This post originally appeared here for Khoros customers on Atlas.