The information in this tipsheet was shared in a breakout session during Khoros Engage, held September 9 - 11, 2019 in Austin, Texas.
- Katrina Schlicht — Product Owner, Digital Sprint
- Jillian Zatta — VP Business Development and Customer Success, Reply.ai
Automation offers brands many low-risk opportunities to provide a better customer experience, so even hesitant brands can experiment. Automation can make your customers feel welcome even when live agents are offline by giving the impression of 24/7 care, even if that’s not your brand’s reality. Whether or not your brand uses a form of automation yet, considering how the technology can fit into your organization as a whole, and your care program in particular, is valuable.
In this tipsheet you’ll learn ways to effectively incorporate automation into your brand’s care program, including:
- How to set automation goals: There are two important goals that any automation program should include. First, the program should aim to provide a better customer experience. Second, any automation program should aim to make human agents more efficient, thereby reducing the cost of customer care.
- Why you should start small: If you’re just beginning to use automation in care, choose one thing to automate and grow from there. Automation requires a lot of data to be accurate, so you need to build up to more complicated interactions. With automation, it’s more difficult to start big and scale back than it is to begin small, learn what your customers are coming to you for on messaging channels, and build toward streamlining those interactions with automated elements.
- Why you need to onboard a chatbot like you would an agent: Chatbots, like agents, need to be onboarded, they need to go through continuous training, and they need to grow into their world.
Learn other important tips when you download The Role of Automation in Care tipsheet.