The information in this tipsheet was shared in a breakout session during Khoros Engage, held September 9 - 11, 2019 in Austin, Texas.
- Michelle Buckley — Director of Operations, Southwest Airlines
- Julien Schleret — Social Media Marketing Manager, Facebook
- Chela Arcelia — Social Media/Internet Customer Service Manager, Cigna
Customer care is the way that brands ensure success and satisfaction with their products and services. While traditionally customer care meant customer support or customer service, increasingly it means more: care is no longer siloed to the end of the customer journey. Instead, care expectations begin upfront with how your brand demonstrates that you value purpose over profit and it continues with how you deliver on the product roadmap, how you talk about customer success, and how you deliver on the promises you make.
In this tipsheet, you’ll learn important ways that your brand can deliver top-notch customer care, including:
- How to build brand loyalty: An important aspect of care is having conversations with customers and building relationships with them. Consider the idea of bucket filling in which positive words and actions fill the bucket while negative words and actions empty it. If your brand is only talking information from customers, or you’re only selling to them and marketing to them, that can empty their bucket. But social care can fill the bucket with good will.
- How to identify surprise and delight opportunities: Social listening offers brands an excellent way to identify potential surprise and delight opportunities. Find fun ways to interact with your customers and you’ll strengthen your relationship with the individual as well as with your larger audience base — experiencing second-hand surprise and delight can be just as loyalty-building as experiencing it first-hand.
Learn other important tips when you download The Best of Customer Care tipsheet.