This video is a recorded breakout session from Khoros Engage, held September 9 - 11, 2019 in Austin, Texas.
- Christy Kirby, Director of Strategy at Khoros
- Kristel Vite, Global Social Media Manager at Cigna
- Sarah Holm, Social + Digital Communications Manager at Ford Motor Company
- Danielle Stapleton, Social Media Strategist + Global Programs Manager at National Instruments
Organic and paid social media are two sides of the same coin. You can’t have one without the other. In this video you’ll learn how these brands are converging their paid and organic efforts — from aligning teams to planning content — to get a complete view of their social performance and deliver value to the business.
The truth is that today’s brands live in a pay-to-play world. Brands need to invest in paid social media advertising in order to effectively target their audience across all social media platforms, and that is not going to change anytime soon. However, brands must also dedicate time and resources towards organic social media. Why? Because organic search channels are always-on and can help connect your brand with highly motivated consumers. The challenge is to do both well.
Some key insights to help your brand master paid and organic social are:
- Be human. Consumers have become highly aware of social media marketing and are not interested in engaging with an ad or social media manager that treats them like a buyer. Rather, consumers expect personalized experiences true to your brand.
- Be deliberate, yet flexible. It is vital to have a clear goal in mind for every paid and organic post on social, but at the same time you must remain open-minded and be able to adapt to different routes to get there. Social media is an incredibly dynamic space and it rewards those who listen and respond to their audience.
- Let your content take the wheel. They say content is king in marketing, but doubly so in social media marketing. The most successful brands focus on connecting with their audience through great content that fulfills their needs and helps build a community of fans.
These are just a few insights; to learn more, watch the video now.