Chief Legal Council
Scott Shepherd serves as Chief Legal Officer at Khoros where he is responsible for all global legal operations and compliance. Scott has been leading diverse teams to execute a wide range of successful projects for 30+ years—serving as a licensed attorney for almost 20 of those years. His prior legal experience includes Assistant General Counsel for Spredfast, General Counsel for Lucid Holdings, and he was a litigation partner in the law firm of Brown McCarroll (subsequently acquired by Husch Blackwell).
“The fact that we are in such an evolving space makes our jobs really interesting. For instance, the position ‘VP of Digital Marketing’ didn’t really exist just ten years ago. Playing a small role in this evolution is really cool.”
Scott resides in Austin with his wife and two teenage daughters. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri, a Masters in Public Affairs from the University of Texas’ LBJ School, and J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law. After graduation, he Scott was commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the USMC and ultimately achieved the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the USMC Reserves.
- Served on the Texas CASA Board of Directors for three years
- Serves on the Board of Directors for the Folds of Honor, Central Texas Chapter
- Avid mountain biker and frequent spectator at his girls’ various games
- Coached his kids’ volleyball, basketball, and flag football teams
- Lifelong St. Louis Cardinals Baseball fan